Community support makes Kids Discover the Trail! possible.
The Discovery Trail is continuing our work to expand the program to the remaining districts in Tompkins County. During the 2014-15 school year students from Groton, Lansing and Newfield school districts participated in KDT!
The Discovery Trail is leading the fundraising efforts that will make this growth possible. We will continue to engage donors who have contributed to KDT! through the Ithaca Public Education Initiative and Trumansburg Central School District Foundation in the past, as well as seek additional support from those who value curriculum enhancements across Tompkins County schools.
Your charitable gift of any amount is welcomed and needed.
Join these generous donors to help our kids discover the trail!
- BorgWarner Morse Systems
- Community Foundation of Tompkins County: Lane Family
- The Community Foundation's Tompkins Today and Tomorrow Fund
- The Community Foundation's Ujeni Grants for Advancing Public Education
- Cornell University
- The Helen Thomas Howland Foundation as administered by the Community Foundation of Tompkins County
- Ithaca College Student United Way
- Legacy Foundation of Tompkins County
- J. M. McDonald Foundation Inc.
- John Ben Snow Foundation
- Park Foundation
- Raymond & Margaret Van Houtte Education Fund of the Tompkins Charitable Gift Fund
- Security Mutual Insurance Co
- Social Service League of Ithaca and Tompkins County
- Tompkins Trust Company
- Triad Foundation
- United Way of Tompkins County's Youth and Philanthropy Council
Make a Gift:
Mail check (payable to Discovery Trail/KDT) to:
159 Sapsucker Woods Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850
Questions? Email email@example.com
Kids Discover the Trail! provides curriculum-based field trips to the eight Discovery Trail sites. Students receive a site-specific keepsake book to continue the learning experience at home and free family admission (where applicable) for a follow-up visit. The program is currently operating for all Ithaca City School District (ICSD) students in grades Pre-K through 5 and all Trumansburg Central School District (TCSD) students in grades Pre-K through 6.
The Discovery Trail is working to expand the program to the remaining four districts in Tompkins County.
Kids Discover the Trail! is funded by gifts from local foundations, businesses, and community members, and is supported by ICSD and TCSD.
- Enhance classroom learning through experience-based programs.
- Provide equal access to Discovery Trail sites.
- Promote understanding and respect among elementary students from different neighborhoods.
- Expand community awareness of the resources of the Discovery Trail.
Connecting Elementary Schools
and the Discovery Trail