Community support makes Kids Discover the Trail! possible.
As the Discovery Trail continues to expand the Kids Discover the Trail! program from Ithaca and Trumansburg to include the rest of Tompkins County, we appreciate our supporters in all communities now more than ever.
The Discovery Trail is leading the fundraising efforts that will make this growth possible. We will continue to engage donors who have contributed to KDT! through the Ithaca Public Education Initiative and Trumansburg Central School District Foundation in the past, as well as seek additional support from those who value curriculum enhancements across Tompkins County schools.
Your charitable gift of any amount is welcomed and needed.
Join these generous donors to help our kids discover the trail!
- BorgWarner Morse TEC
- The Community Foundation's Tompkins Today and Tomorrow Fund
- Cornell University
- The Helen Thomas Howland Foundation as administered by the Community Foundation of Tompkins County
- Ithaca College Student United Way
- Legacy Foundation of Tompkins County
- Park Foundation
- Raymond & Margaret Van Houtte Education Fund of the Tompkins Charitable Gift Fund
- Security Mutual Insurance Co
- Social Service League of Ithaca and Tompkins County
- Tompkins Trust Company
- Triad Foundation
- United Way of Tompkins County's Youth and Philanthropy Council
Make a Gift:
Mail check (payable to Discovery Trail/KDT) to:
PO Box 986, Trumansburg, NY 14886
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids Discover the Trail! provides curriculum-based field trips to the eight Discovery Trail sites. Students receive a site-specific keepsake book to continue the learning experience at home and free family admission (where applicable) for a follow-up visit. The program is currently operating for all Ithaca City School District (ICSD) students in grades Pre-K through 5 and all Trumansburg Central School District (TCSD) students in grades Pre-K through 6.
The Discovery Trail is working to expand the program to the remaining four districts in Tompkins County.
Kids Discover the Trail! is funded by gifts from local foundations, businesses, and community members, and is supported by ICSD and TCSD.
- Enhance school experience through curriculum-based learning.
- Provide equal access to Discovery Trail sites.
- Promote understanding and respect among elementary students from different neighborhoods.
- Expand community awareness of the resources of the Discovery Trail.
Connecting Elementary Schools
and the Discovery Trail