Mission: The Discovery Trail, a partnership of eight educational organizations
in Tompkins County, New York, promotes awareness of its members’ programs
and collections and fosters understanding of the connections among science,
nature, and culture.
Vision: A community where curiosity flourishes and every resident and
visitor uses the Discovery Trail to explore science, nature, and culture.
The goals of the Discovery Trail Partnership are:
- Leadership: to enhance our visitors’ experience of the world
of learning and to advocate its importance;.
- Community-wide involvement: to promote lifelong engagement in Tompkins
County’s informal educational resources and to encourage visitors
of all ages to pursue self-directed learning outside the classroom;
- Project development: to develop innovative, collaborative educational
- Audience development: to reach new audiences and increase the diversity
and number of our visitors.
Discovery Trail Visitor Survey:
The Discovery Trail conducts a biannual survey to collect visitor
- Please click here for the summary report and results of the 2011 survey.
- Please click here for the summary report and results of the 2008 survey.